Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Group Projects

I always hated group projects in school. I would have rather done the whole thing by myself than be dependent on the other members of the group. There was always one who didn't pull their weight, and always one who didn't like what everyone else wanted to do (that one might have been me). It was just a pain.

I still don't love group projects although I am somewhat better at group dynamics than I used to be. I try to be judicious about when I need to lead and when I need to just do it the other person's way even if I disagree. I hope I've made improvements! But in general I'd prefer to do my projects on my own.

God seems to like group projects. He allows us to participate in His plan so that we can learn and be blessed. He doesn't have to involve us, He could just drop whatever is needed out of the sky, or breathe it out with a Word. But He doesn't. Why? Well I believe there are books written on that, but think of the lessons and blessings we would miss if everything was just handed to us and others.

I don't know about you but when I get to help with something and play a part in making someone's life a little better or brightening someone's day, or even just being a shoulder to cry on I feel good. When I attempt to bless another person I usually end up blessed even more than I pour out. How odd, blessed by being a blessing. Hmmm, only in God's plan does that make sense.

I am very independent. I don't like to ask for help. My general thinking is "I can just take care of it myself."

A wise person once told me that when you don't let people help you that is denying them a blessing. Wow, I'm not saving them the trouble I'm denying them a blessing.

This adoption (or any adoption) isn't something we can do alone. We need a community of people. We need prayers, practical support and financial support. God will accomplish His will in this but he allows others to participate and be blessed. I am humbly admitting that we need help and very thankful for all the support we are getting. This is a lesson for me. Yet another lesson that I am so grateful for.

There isn't much other news, we are scheduling our homestudy appointments and fundraising like crazy. Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete